Management and Administration
In distance education provision, the boundaries between academic and management and administrative interventions are more blurred than in conventional contact-based teaching. There need to be appropriate systems, structures and procedures to guide efficient and effective management and administration at strategic, institutional and operational levels relating to governance, communication, curriculum, information, centralised and decentralised facilities and support systems, ICT and finances. This links primarily to Nadeosa Quality Criterion 9: Management and Administration.
Examples of Our Work in the Area of Management and Administration:
- Support to the Gauteng Youth College in setting up management and administration systems in 1998.
- Review of the Role and Function of the Nambian College of Open Learning (Namcol), 2005.
- Managing Student Records in Distance Education. This short guide was prepared by Christine Randell for the Commonwealth of Learning in 2005.
- Review of the Operational Systems: University of Pretoria, Distance Education Unit, 2006.
- Systems for Managing HIV & AIDS in Schools in Diverse Contexts, 2007.