Saide's publications are products of our research/evaluation work or materials development exercises. Our first formally published work was as a result of the international investigation into distance education that was conducted in 1995. We have also over the years explored our own understanding of distance education and open learning concepts, the outcomes of which are also made available online.
A complete list of last year's outputs can be accessed through our projects page which will provide a hyperlink to the resource when we can make it publicly available. Alternatively the advanced search facility can be used for more specific searches by year, service we offer, educational sector or distance education area of work. By making use of the resource type search feature a complete search of our different types of resources can be accessed.
Examples of some of our key resources are:
- Open Learning and Distance Education in South Africa, 1995.
- Supporting Distance Learners: A Tutor's Guide. This guide has since been updated to include providing support to learners in an e-Learning environment and is available on SAIDE's OER Africa website.
- Study of Education series. The original series was published by Oxford University Press who have since published a second edition of Curriculum: From Plans to Practice and Getting Practical About Outcomes-based Teaching. The other six titles have been re-published as open education resources and are available in the teacher education space on OER Africa. The resources available include learning guides, audio and video clips. Readings are also provided where authors have agreed to us making them available online.
- What is a Learning Centred Learning Centre
- Enhancing the Contribution of Distance Education in South Africa.
- Managing ICTs in South African Schools: A Guide for School Principals.
- Being a Vocational Educator: A Guide for Lecturers in FET Colleges.
- ECD Fundamentals Materials in Communications and Mathematical Literacy, NQF Level 1.
- Resources for New Ways of Learning: A Manual for Developers of Learning materials
- Finding Your Way in the World of Work. Activity Guide for Office Administration: Level 2.
- Creating a Caring School. A Guide for School Management Teams and Accompanying Toolkit.
- Creating a Caring School. Abridged Version.
- OER Copyright and Licensing Toolkit.
- OER Policy Development and Review Kit.
- Course Design and Materials Development Guide.
Click here to access our search facility.