- Unlocking the World of Storybooks in Thok Nath - A Triumph for Nuer Language Education
- Decolonising children’s literature in African libraries
- African Storybook tops the charts during Covid-19
- ReImagine, RePurpose and ReDiscover...Libraries.
- Writing African stories for African children
- Celebrating 2000 days of service at the Ras Abebe Aregay Library: A small library that is making a big impact
- Welcome to Smangele Mathebula!
- Lolupe Primary School Gets Long Awaited Computer Tablets
- Early Maths Stories
- New course assisting teachers with the challenges of early reading in Africa
Joint initiative to develop a wonderful open online course for active teaching approaches to teach early reading
- World Reader Pushes Hundreds of African Storybooks
With its tagline ”creating a world where everyone is a reader”, Worldreader boasts an impressive list of publishing partners in more than 25 countries worldwide in an attempt to reach readers in 45 countries via its digital platform.
- African Storybook Facilitates Quality Assurance of Hausa Storybooks
Nigeria visit to quality assure Hausa storybooks
- The Story of a Very Tall Man
Once upon a time in Eastern Uganda, there was a very tall man – over seven feet tall. Parents used to tell their children about him. The conversation between one Ugandan father and his son led to this story in Lusoga.
- African Storybook
The design approach for African Storybook web site and apps wins Best Paper at ED-MEDIA 2017
Saide’s African Storybook initiative helps overcome a major barrier to learning: the severe shortage of contextually appropriate storybooks and materials in indigenous languages for young African children learning to read through working with local language speakers, educators and artists to develop, publish and encourage use of such storybooks. Visit our platform for over 3 000 unique openly licensed picture storybooks in the languages of Africa for children, aged two to ten, for their literacy development, enjoyment and imagination. Over 200 languages of Africa are represented on the website, as well as tools to enable communities, particularly those whose languages are under-resourced, to translate, adapt and create storybooks in their languages.
ASb’s Reader App, enables parents and children to create a library on their device and to read storybooks even when they are offline. Its Maker App enables them to create their own picture storybooks offline and publish them when connected to the internet. The storybooks are immediately available in the Storybooks App category on the ASb website. Both Apps are downloadable from Google Play and the iStore.
We support organisations, educators and communities in developing storybooks - translating, creating and publishing them - and in effective use. Organisations needing our services, can approach us to run story development, publishing, preparing print runs and using the ASb website and its tools.
- Materials design and development
- Coordination of open learning initiatives
- Educational technology
- Educational Evaluation and Research
19 Ameshoff Street,